Kink of the Week May 1-16: Lists
This was a topic that was suggested to me by Lillith who blogs at Lillith Avir and so I invited her to write the introduction for it. It is one of those subjects that at first glance doesn’t seem to really be a kink and yet when you think about lists a bit more they are actually a feature of our lives and by extension our sex and kink lives too. After all I bet most of you have a sex or kink bucket list. But here is Lilly to give you some thoughts to get you started
What can I say? I love lists!
They give me a sense of control and overview. They help me structure my day and understand what needs to be done when and what can wait. But they also help me look forward to what will happen in the future, near or far.
Often enough I start a project or simply my day, at home or the office, by making a list. I try to include little pleasant things to keep me motivated in between.
And yes, lists play a huge part in my D/s and always have. A list of punishments, a list of things to try, a list of things to discuss.
Especially now, that many of us are apart and not sure when we will get to be with each other, do lists with plans on what to do help? Are lists part of you daily routine? Do you use lists for rewards? Or maybe for punishments? Are there other kinds of lists you have come across within D/s? What were your experiences?
Let’s Get Our Kink On and talk about: List
New to #KOTW? Here’s how to participate:
- Write your post (any kind of writing: autobiographical, educational, a fantasy, poetry fiction, thoughts, musings; or no writing at all: a picture or a picture essay is just fine too)
- Post must be Kink/Sex positive. Do not yuck anyone else’s yum. Any posts that do this will be removed from the list.
- Add the KOTW Badge to it
- Link to it below (direct links to the post itself, not just your blog)
- Tweet/Facebook/Instagram it (hashtags #KinkoftheWeek and/or #KOTW)
- Check back frequently to read other blogger’s posts & spread the kinky love!
If you’d like to submit to the Kink of the Week but don’t have a blog, or want to do so anonymously, send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll post here for you