Kink of the Week March 16 – 31: Sapiosexuality
Sapiosexuality: Basically do you find intelligence sexy?
There are various definitions of a Sapiosexuality or Sapiosexual but this one seems to capture it fairly well.
sapiosexual (plural sapiosexuals)
- A person who is sexually attracted to a person’s intellect or mind before appearance.
Is someones brain sexy to you? Does the fact they are geeky about a particular topic turn you on? Do you love listening to them talk about their subject? Or maybe you like the mental sparing with someone who you also like other forms of sparing with too? Does having a intellectual conversation give you the horn?
Have you ever been on a date and realised that the person sitting opposite you is maybe not that bright and felt your desire for them fade away? Does it even matter to you at all?
The brain is definitely the key to desire. Stimulate someones brain and you stimulate their genitals too but for you does that extend beyond sex into intelligent stimulation. Is the other persons mind sexy to you?
There has recently been conversation on Twitter about this subject which might interest people. This thread was started by @QuenbyCreatives and the responses are really interesting in my opinion
- Write your post (any kind of writing: autobiographical, educational, a fantasy, poetry fiction, thoughts, musings; or no writing at all: a picture or a picture essay is just fine too)
- Post must be Kink/Sex positive. Do not yuck anyone else’s yum. Any posts that do this will be removed from the list.
- Add the KOTW Badge to it
- Link to it below (direct links to the post itself, not just your blog)
- Tweet/Facebook/Instagram it (hashtags #KinkoftheWeek and/or #KOTW)
- Check back frequently to read other blogger’s posts & spread the kinky love!