Kink of the Week July 16 – 31: Contracts
“A contract is only as good as the people signing it.”
~ Jeffrey Fry
But does it have any place in kink, BDSM and D/s?
Contracts have long been a part of D/s and M/s relationships within the kink community. For some they are very formal things with written documents and for others they are more fluid and open.
They featured heavily in 50 Shades of Grey which inspired lots of talk around the subject at the time especially as they way they were portrayed in the book felt fairly coercive.
So do you like the idea of having a contract in relation to your kink relationship(s)
If ownership is a hot aspect of D/s to you then maybe a contract feeds into that part of your kink. Having a formal arrangement, written down and signed, could be extremely hot for the right people.
Does the idea of writing such a thing with a partner float your boat? What kind of things would or does the contract cover?
Maybe contracts are more fluid than that for you. It is a verbal agreement with some base expectations but the rest is developed as you go?
Does the dom have a contract with expectations on what they will bring to the relationship or is it just something for the sub to sign and agree to?
Or maybe it just so not you. Too formal?
Whatever your thoughts, experiences, stories, desires, kinks around contracts come and share them here on Kink of the Week
- Write your post (any kind of writing: autobiographical, educational, a fantasy, poetry fiction, thoughts, musings; or no writing at all: a picture or a picture essay is just fine too)
- Post must be Kink/Sex positive. Do not yuck anyone else’s yum. Any posts that do this will be removed from the list.
- Add the KOTW Badge to it
- Link to it below (direct links to the post itself, not just your blog)
- Tweet/Facebook/Instagram it (hashtags #KinkoftheWeek and/or #KOTW)
- Check back frequently to read other blogger’s posts & spread the kinky love!